Popular Posts

Paris, France 2017 Part 1

I should really make it a habit to stop posting last year's trips during a new year. January, February & March's gone while April is in, well how time flies, doesn't it.

I went to Paris in May last year (2017) when everyone was busy sitting for their exams :P

Day 1:


My friends and I decided to take the train to Paris, because why not! It would be a different experience and it's less taxing as compared to flying. 

We took the train from London's King Cross station and obviously got our passport checked before we boarded the train. The train ride was smooth and super comfortable as well. As you can see in the picture, there are two cups of chatime drinks on the table. Me being me, I figured that we had atleast 4 hours before having to board the train so I made my friends go to Chinatown with me to get a cup of chatime for brunch!! HAHAHA. 

Anyone who knows me well enough would probably be shaking their heads, expressing how disappointed they are in me because I can't let my cravings for my beloved roasted milk tea from Chatime go. 

We got to Paris and I could immediately feel the polluted air. LMAO. No offense Paris but the one thing I hated the most about my trip there was the air. I was shocked that it was dirtier than London. Oh, and when we arrived, it started to pour. Thankfully our airbnb was close by to cafes and restaurants so we managed to get ourselves a few bites for dinner! 

Day 2: 

We got to an early start and boarded Paris's Metro Train (MRT) to head towards the Louvre Museum!! 




Typical breakfast, I loved their croissant!! I usually don't like pastries but it was really good! 









The Louvre was in itself astonishing and different from most of the museums I've been to. I made a mistake by purchasing tickets, so uh everyone please note that if you are students studying in an EU country or UK. You don't need to purchase tickets!!! *Noob AF

Yes, I saw the Mona Lisa painting which was shield with a bullet proof glass. Rumour has it that it isn't the real Mona Lisa painting. I tried to squeeze myself through this huge crowd to get a good picture of it but I opted not to post it here just so you could see it for yourself when you guys visit Paris one day!

After the Louvre, we headed to our next destination aka The Eiffel Tower of Paris!






We didn't go up to the top but we hung out at the park opposite the tower and were constantly bugged by gypsies. I don't want your keychains, leave me alone!!

To be real honest, Paris is an easily accessible city. Very much like London, but... in France instead. LOL. Ok not very funny. The Eiffel Tower is nearby everywhere, so we could just easily walk to places (if you are rajin enough haha). But we definitely took the MRT from the Eiffel Tower to Notre Dame.

Before heading to the Church of Notre Dame, we stopped by the Shakespeare & Co. Cafe + Bookstore!! I was looking forward to this ever since someone told me about its' existence and it's only 3 minutes away from our destination!! The cafe was vegan *brownie points!!* If you knew me, you would know I love vegan food. Hehe.











Notre Dame! If you don't already know, the Disney movie The Hunchback of Notre Dame was based on this Church and the drawing of this particular Church in the movie itself was accurate, precise and beautiful. Disney's done the Church justice imo. There was also a pastry fair nearby lolol.

After hanging around Notre Dame, we walked towards the Berthillon cafe (told you everything was nearby!!) because my French friend told me the ice cream was good and ofcourse we had to try!




 Verdict? 

8.5/10 (I still very much prefer mcD's ice cream, sorrreehh) 


Walked around and enjoyed this scenic view. 

It rained for awhile after that and we had to seek shelter at a nearby mosque which was nearby the place we wanted to eat!! Hehe. It wasn't all that expensive and we got to split the bill :p 





 Had dinner and headed back home straight after to get ready for the most important day of the trip!


DISNEYLAND! 

A little sneak peak for part 2 :) hehe. 


Signing off!  
You may also like:

Post a Comment

© Releasing one's Imaginations. . Design by MangoBlogs.