Popular Posts

Surviving but will I?

Had another long week, learnt a few new things, caught a few fat ass mosquitoes, got my tealive, grumbled because I had 2 long tiring days.

I completely maxed out on Wednesday but it is probably because we had a short one day holiday on Tuesday (for Deepavali!) Happy Diwali to all my friends who celebrate Deepavali! 

Just a little update on what has been going on throughout the week. Had some team building activity where we basically travelled (nearly) the entire KL and I fell asleep in our Grab car otw back to our apartment LOL. Finished it quite quickly since I wanted to get back to rest but KL is nothing less of a gem because as crowded as it is, it is indeed beautiful.


My team and I at the KL Rimba Canopy walk! 



One of the activities this week was to get into groups of 3 and take a picture of what non-student centred learning and student centred learning are like. Ikhwan (Or known as Killer Instinct), Candice (the photographer) and I were one of the many groups and these are some of the pictures that we have taken!



Got to finally play badminton after 8 long years and it never felt so good. Especially when we were all so stressed out and was in desperate need to release those negative feelings.


Had a mini session of board games as well, where I got to try out something new.


We also walk to the Academy centre which is a 15 minute walk from our place, having to cross the big road and hence a picture of me running to cross the road before any random car bangs me down and maybe save me from having to deal with PSP (haha YM, if you're reading this, I'm kidding. Maybe.)


Morning PLC group huddles and our presentations! We had a session where one of our PLC group member - Jo Ann had to lead the entire session and she did a great job in getting us to work together and presenting what we have found.

Basically, every week there will be a session where each PLC group member would lead the session and I am currently sharing my session with Munirah (which will be coming up in the next few weeks). This applies for every PLC group btw, not just mine.

I mean this is just the 2nd week and I'm about to enter the 3rd week of PSP. I would like to reiterate that while I do enjoy the courses, I felt a little worn out because I had absolutely no mood having to deal with information constantly entering my brain for 12 hours straight (We have breaks, dw). I'm just also really glad that I know that in a way, I'm not alone. The LDOs (Leadership Development Officers - who basically are our mentors and we have 6 for each group), facilitators and operations team have all worked so hard to accommodate to us and I'm pretty sure that they are tired too. 

There were quite a few mishaps this week (like the wires for the kettle and rice cooker melted LOL). I find it quite surprising that while I was grumpy and agitated after a long day, I didn't blow up. I got into my zen mode and calmed myself, having to remind myself that it is no one's fault and things happen. I felt good after that. Because I'm pretty sure that no one wanted it to happen anyway, so it's alright. 

*Up 1 point for Resilience* 

This training has pointed out some of the things that I have already known but never really acknowledged (ha ha ignorance at its best) and things I don't know. It has enhanced me to think better, to be more evaluative and allows me to grow not just as an individual but to be a better team player as well. 

I can also now fully acknowledge the fact that I am quite good at impersonating people (Not in a negative manner, ofcourse). Ah, another thing that PSP has taught me - to accept what I am good at and further improve it, and to accept my flaws (which I despise so much) and work my ways to control them or make it better. 


To come back to this view every night is a blessing. 


p/s: Hi Teo Yen Ming (my favourite LDO), if you are reading this, please take note that I will be quizzing you on whether you have read this post and future posts. You know, just to train my CFU (Check For Understanding) tactic.  HAHAHA. 

p/p/s: Credits to Kong Yi Fen for the amazing photos taken by her and also I really need to upload the pictures from my camera. 

See ya. 
You may also like:

Post a Comment

© Releasing one's Imaginations. . Design by MangoBlogs.