Popular Posts

Nottingham games!

Hi guys, I apologize for the lack of posts on this blog.

Jsyk, I have been very busy with tutorials and what not along with other commitments but I have not forgotten about my blog! Hahah, so right now I'm taking a break off everything just to blog about a few stuff that has been happening around for the past few weeks.

One of the events that happened on the 22nd of November was the one and only...

NOTTINGHAM MALAYSIAN GAMES 


So for all of you who aren't sure what this event is about, let me make it clear for you.

The Malaysian Society in Nottingham University would organize this event every year without fail and it is where most of the Malaysian students gather and meet up. Sort off a reunion kind of thing and also friendly matches (or maybe competitive) among other universities.

At the same time, there's the Malaysian Food Festival which is held along with the Nottingham Malaysian Games.

The Malaysian Students' Society of Cardiff University (MSSCF) was invited to attend the games and ofcourse compete as well. I didn't join anything unfortunately :p hehe.

We boarded the bus at around 3am in the morning (Because we had to arrive there by 7am). The ride wasn't that long (was actually expecting a 6 hour ride)

Without further ado, here are some pictures!

Met a couple of my old friends from college and way back in high school :) It was nice seeing their faces again, honestly.


Mind you, that white plastic bag is filled with maggie mee! (Personally brought all the way from Sheffield by Kimberly!) and say hi to Joie! :)


Great to see someone from my high school, Melissa Ong aka future Dr. Ong!


Got lost and had to walk around the huge ass campus for around 30 minutes but this sunset was definitely worth the walk.


Maroon Harry Potter T-shirt & Scarf: Primark
Windbreaker & Bag: H&M
Jeans: Topshop
Boots: Dorothy Perkins

I really thought Nottingham was going to be cold (Because last year it was freezing) but this year it was sunnier and less colder! 


Char Kuey Teow for £5.

I honestly thought that it wasn't bad at all! There were angmos lining up to buy 

this as well! Moreover, they gave three big fat juicy prawns. :p

There were nasi lemak, satay and laksa stalls as well!

I tried out the satay and despite it being not too bad or whatsoever, i thought it 

wasn't worth it since it was £1 a stick ._. and they only sold like five in a set so altogether £5.


Went over to support the basketball team for Cardiff!


and got our chatime cravings fixed.


There are alot more photos to this. :p


Nottingham's Student Union. 

Can I just take a few moments to describe how much I love their SU because it's just so pretty?!


Frisbee! Unfortunately, we did not win but oh well there's still next year! :D 

I can honestly say that the trip itself was tiring, I walked and explored around the whole Nottingham University Campus since they were an on campus kind off thing. Meaning to say that everything is situated within the campus and it takes around 20 - 30 minutes to get to the city. 

The surroundings in Nottingham is filled with trees and it gets a little foggy at night. However, I don't study there so I'm only pointing it out from an outsider's point of view. I really like the fact that they have a swimming pool though! LOL. 

Anyway, got really tired at the end of the trip and ended up staying in the great hall chit chatting with some of the Malaysians. 

Will find time to edit the pictures :/ apologies for the lack of pictures, I really don't want to upload everything as it will take up space.

See you guys soon! 

You may also like:

Post a Comment

© Releasing one's Imaginations. . Design by MangoBlogs.