Popular Posts

My Maxis Journey 2018

When I first applied for the Maxis internship, I honestly didn’t know what I was thinking. I received a newsletter from UKEC via email and saw Maxis’s young talent internship on it. Hence, deciding to apply for it without telling anyone. TL/DR; I got the job and I chose to be part of the Activations & Partnerships team, in which I had no clue on what it was about, especially with my minimal knowledge on marketing (since I was only involved in societies at the time).













I entered Maxis for the first time and I remember vividly of what was going through my mind, “Everyone here looks so serious and scary, fak me, Im just gna rot and die.” I received my first ever task and started out from there. Being part of the team, I’ve met tons of people - internal and external. After finishing my 2 and a half months internship, my supervisor Susan offered me a 3 month contract job to replace Emma who was gna go on maternity leave. I’ve never really thought of extending beyond my 2 and a half months here but here I am, 6 months in and today's my last day (4th of July 2018).



Designed by yours truly! Inspired by one of the designs did by the EO!







I didn’t just stay put in the office, I got to go out for events, meet partners, regulate our Maxis app, work with different departments and so so many more. My supervisor - Susan has always included me in every meetings and projects. Pushing me to go further and to learn more things and network with people.




I can never thank the people there enough for being so helpful and kind towards their own team members. Gaining experience is one thing, but learning FROM the experience is another thing. I can’t say that I’ve never made mistakes before, because I definitely have. I often do self reflection when I go home and try to find ways to improve where I’m lacking at, which honestly is gonna take awhile but I’ll get there.

This experience and the people here has not only taught me about the working world which can be serious but fun at the same time, it has also taught me so much about myself and the people in particular has inspired me in many ways.

So from the bottom of my heart,
Thank you so so much.

Written on the 4th of July 2018.

P/S: Not forgetting about all the free food provided hehe and I apologize for not being able to post everybody's photos! Don't want to spam my blogpost with too many individual pics!! 
You may also like:

Post a Comment

© Releasing one's Imaginations. . Design by MangoBlogs.